Thursday, December 16, 2010

Of creambuns and raisins

For those olobs that hang out at raffles place, I'm pretty sure that they have heard of the legendary cream buns that left many drooling at the mere mention of them. Imagine yourself pressing your lips against those soft buns, smearing your mouth with the oozing fillings and flicking your tongue at those supple raisins..

Its an unusual sight. adults gaping awkwardly in raffles place- office boys greedily sucking from those buns and girls going wild at the sight of the shop-frame.

Elevating food sex to a whole new level is this bakery which moved in early this year- Barcook bakery. My sources (office meimeis) inform me that the shop has some Japanese origins (everything seems to be of jap origins these days). Apparently, they have another outlet at central to cater to the cityhall olobs. The endless queue of hot OLs and their gushing reviews finally prompted me to give it a try..

Like a ninja warrior, I sneaked out during worktime and mingled with the rest of the raffles place snake-eaters. The queue was already forming up at around 10plus, encroaching into the adjacent stores. People were sweeping the shelves of buns by the dozens as though they were golden ingots at very attractive valuations. When it came to my turn.. The auntie asked me how many? I replied 2. The hot buns were swiftly placed on my palms.

They felt so right. I stood opposite the shop and ate them on the spot. It was so so but hearing office girls' ecstatic shrieks and watching them milk their expressions make the whole experience a lot better. Word of advice : have them while they're hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment